- "I bid you hello. Master Woodle only speaks Mon Calamari. Master Woodle was once a captain on a freighter, but he is now retired."
J1-P0 was a 3PO-series protocol droid who was owned by Kulton Woodle, a retired Mon Calamari freighter captain, sometime after the Battle of Yavin. During that period, the droid spent time standing with Woodle outside of the Theed Spaceport on the planet Naboo.
A class three 3PO-series protocol droid manufactured by Cybot Galactica, J1-P0 was active following the Battle of Yavin during the Galactic Civil War, fought between the Galactic Empire and the Alliance to Restore the Republic. The protocol droid's owner was Kulton Woodle, a member of the Mon Calamari species who had retired from being a freighter captain. Following Woodle's retirement, the droid spent time standing with its master outside the entrance of the Theed Spaceport on the planet Naboo. J1-P0 informed everyone who spoke with it that Woodle was a retired freighter captain who only spoke the Mon Calamari language.
Behind the scenesEdit
J1-P0 was a non-player character who was featured in Jump to Lightspeed, a 2004 expansion pack produced by Sony Online Entertainment for the 2003 MMORPG Star Wars Galaxies, which was shut down on December 15, 2011. In the game, the droid was present with its master, Kulton Woodle, outside of the Theed spaceport on Naboo, with J1-P0 only stating a single line and Woodle never mentioning the droid when speaking with player-characters. Due to the limited interaction with the droid and because almost all characters in Star Wars Galaxies—including J1-P0—had text-only dialogue, the droid's gender programming was not revealed in the game.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 J1-P0 appeared as a 3PO-series protocol droid in Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed. Using that information, specifics on the 3PO-series can be determined from the model's entry in The New Essential Guide to Droids.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed
- ↑ Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- ↑ IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT STAR WARS GALAXIES. Sony Online Entertainment (2011-06-24). Archived from the original on November 24, 2011. Retrieved on November 1, 2015.