The J930 Dash-8 engine was a Podracer engine produced by JAK Racing prior to the Invasion of Naboo. The Triffian Podracer pilot Ebe E. Endocott utilized blue J930 Dash-8 engines in the Boonta Eve Classic won by Anakin Skywalker during the year 32 BBY. Later during 22 BBY, the Devlikk competitor Raido used the engines during the Mon Gazza Maze event on the planet of Mon Gazza. His Podracer was destroyed, however, when he rammed another competitor from behind.
The J930 Dash-8 was a solid model of podracer. Great traction and turning, balanced acceleration and top speed, with a nice cooling and repair mechanism. While the breaks were not so good and the pod itself was still on the slow side, Ebe E. Endocott was skilled enough with it to to win three consecutive championships on Malastare, place 4th in the Boonta Eve Classic of 32 BBY and was the crowd favorite at the popular Fire Mountain Rally race course on Baroonda.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode I: Racer
- Kinect Star Wars
- The Clone Wars: Crash Course
- Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Endless Vigil