- «Hello, I'm JB-7. My kind master has recently upgraded all of my vital parts and I'd like to donate my old parts to a droid in need.»
JB-7 was a BB-series astromech droid who had all of its vital parts upgraded by its kind master in 34 ABY. Following the upgrade, JB-7 called in to the radio show Droid Station Frequency 3-7-6-4-3-7 on station BSO 401.72 in order to offer to donate its old parts to a droid in need.
Speaking in binary, JB-7 introduced itself to the host, B6-24, and then explained that it had a photoreceptor, arc welder, and a welding torch, all from a moisture-free and creature-free home, available on a first come first served basis. B6-24 thanked JB-7 and complimented it for its generosity then ended the call. Like all BB-series units, JB-7 was manufactured by Industrial Automaton and stood 0.67 meters tall.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
JB-7 was created for the themed land Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, which opened to guests at Disneyland Park and Disney's Hollywood Studios Park in 2019. The droid can be heard speaking in binary on the land's background radio loop, with a translation of what it is saying available from staff.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia, New Edition states that BB-series astromech droids are manufactured by Industrial Automaton and stand 0.67 meters tall. Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia states that all astromech droids are second class droids. As JB-7 is described as a BB-series droid in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – BSO 401.72, these characteristics must apply to it as well.
- BSO 401.72 has official backstory elements that, while not directly published for the public, are officially canon details that can be obtained verbally from cast members working in the Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge themed land.
- The Star Wars Book dates the Battle of Batuu, which is depicted in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge via the attraction Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, to 34 years after Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of A New Hope to 0 BBY, therefore the events of Galaxy's Edge, including JB-7's appearance, must take place in 34 ABY.
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge—BSO 401.72