JB-9 was a BB-series astromech droid, manufactured by Industrial Automaton, that belonged to the Droid Depot in Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu. During the First Order's occupation of Batuu in 34 ABY, JB-9 was displayed alongside fellow astromech droids MB-12 and J1-B2 in an alcove behind one of the counters in the depot. Standing 0.67 meters tall, it had black and yellow paneling and a black sensor.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia, New Edition states that BB-series astromech droids are manufactured by Industrial Automaton and stand 0.67 meters tall. Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia states that all astromech droids are second class droids. As JB-9 is shown to be a BB-series astromech droid in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Droid Depot, these characteristics must apply to it as well.
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge—Droid Depot
- Droid Depot has official backstory elements that, while not directly published for the public, are officially canon details that can be obtained verbally from cast members working in the store.
- The Star Wars Book dates the Battle of Batuu, which is depicted in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge via the attraction Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, to 34 years after Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of A New Hope to 0 BBY, therefore the events of Galaxy's Edge, including JB-9's appearance, must take place in 34 ABY.
- Star Wars: Datapad – "MB-12" (Screenshots: 1, 2, 3)
- Star Wars: Datapad – "J1-B2" (Screenshots: 1, 2, 3)