In 21 BBY, Anakin who was betided with his apprentice Ahsoka Tano, was reluctant to return to Tatooine, via the Twilight, due to Jabba allowing the Republic access over the secret Hutt Hyperlanes against the CIS for rescuing his son Rotta on the Teth Monastery. The Jedi emerged victorious at delivering Rotta to Jabba's Palace, despite sabotage from Asajj Ventress and Count Dooku. Thus Jabba's Empire and subsequently the Hutt Cartel, became an ally of the Republic, as well as the Clone Army been allowed safe passage through Hutt Space and the Arkanis sector.
Jabba's Empire had to face many of the Hutt's enemies such as Tyber Zann, who waged a grudge war against the Hutt for getting Zann sent to the spice mines of Kessel, and the Rebel Alliance when Jabba had received Han Solo frozen in a block of carbonite and refused to give it up.
This organization employed more than smugglers and bounty Hunters. Jabba also employed dancers, bands, and bikers for entertainment. Most notable was Big Gizz and his gang. They would go and do dirty work for Jabba for low pay and enjoyed every second of it. This all ended when Jix betrayed Jabba and Gizz and Spiker never saw their boss alive, and in person, again. His popular band was the Max Rebo Band, who played for the Hutt until his demise.
This high life would all end in a matter of minutes. For Luke Skywalker and friends destroyed the very existence of one of the most powerful crime sects ever during the battle at the Great Pit of Carkoon. With Jabba and more than half his court killed on Jabba's barge, his empire along with the Cartel collapsed. Jabba's Palace fell to the B'omarr Monks.
Everyone went their own way, while others were assimilated by the B'omarr Monks. It wasn't until well over a year later his father came and resurrected his empire. However, his reign was only brief and ended after a series of events included his attempted revenge against his son's killer and later forging his will. Zorba was disgraced and went into hiding, thought to have died. Soon after that, Jabba's nephew began to slither in his uncle's footsteps and grow Jabba's empire farther than the Hutt himself. The palace of Gorga the Hutt became the new headquarters of the criminal empire.
During the New Republic era it was supported by Hutt Space and during the Yuuzhan Vong War most of Hutt Space was devastated by the invaders, Gorga's Palace was the base of operations for the Hutt Underground for one year. When the war had ended the Hutt rebellion against the Yuuzhan Vong returned to Nal Hutta. A year after that the Galactic Alliance claimed authority on Tatooine, leaving a question if the Desilijic Empire would meet a second demise.
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi toy line
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi Coloring Book (Max Rebo)
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi Coloring Book (1984) (Picture only)
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition
- Wanted by Cracken
- Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley
- Star Wars Gamemaster Handbook
- Cracken's Rebel Operatives
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Star Wars: The Power of the Force (1995)
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition
- Galaxy Guide 12: Aliens — Enemies and Allies
- Galaxy Guide 5: Return of the Jedi, Second Edition
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- The Secrets of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
- Star Wars: The Action Figure Archive
- The Anzati"—Star Wars Gamer 1 "
- (Indirect mention only)
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook