Sergeant Jad Bean was a Human male Death Star trooper who served inside the control room of the second Death Star during the Battle of Endor. Prior to that, he was on duty during the Dark Lord Darth Vader's arrival aboard the battlestation, and was later ordered to inform the battlestation's commander, Moff Tiaan Jerjerrod about Vader's arrival aboard the station.
Behind the scenesEdit
Although he appeared in Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, the character had not been given an identity until the release of the Death Star Owner's Technical Manual, where he was named after fan Jad Bean who is the founder of the StarWars Micromachines page on Facebook. The photo used to represent him in the manual, however, was used from a deleted scene from Return of the Jedi.
Sergeant Jad Bean is visible in the film, in the first scene. He is the Death Star trooper who says, "The security deflector shield will be deactivated when we have confirmation of your code transmission. Stand by...".
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi novelization (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- Death Star Owner's Technical Manual (First identified as Jad Bean)
- (Picture only)
- StarWars.com article - Death Star II Personnel: An Imperial Human Resources Guide