- "Split up and head back to the surface. And see if you can get a few of those TIE fighters to follow you."
"Copy, Gold Leader."
- ―Jake Farrell acknowledges Lando Calrissian's order to draw off Imperial pursuit.
Jake Farrell was a male human who served in the Galactic Empire as a flight instructor until he retired, and eventually joined the Alliance to Restore the Republic. In 4 ABY, Farrell flew as "Gold Four" in the Battle of Endor, during which the Alliance destroyed the Empire's DS-2 Death Star II Mobile Battle Station battle station.
Biography[edit | edit source]
A male human, Jake Farrell came to serve as a flight instructor in the Galactic Empire, an autocratic government founded and ruled by Emperor Sheev Palpatine. Upon realizing that he was training young pilots to become cold-blooded killers, Farrel decided to retire. However, retirement on the hardscrabble world of Derango 4 couldn't contain his desire to fly a starfighter again. Soon, Farrell joined Yellow Seven, a rebel group within the Alliance to Restore the Republic.[source?] The former instructor came to fly a customized R-22 Spearhead for Yellow Seven's squadron, and became a champion of it.
In 4 ABY, Farrell was part of the Battle of Endor, during which the Alliance destroyed the Empire's second Death Star battle station. Farrell flew an A-wing interceptor under the call sign "Gold Four," accompanying the Millennium Falcon into the bowels of the Death Star II.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The character's name and background was developed piecemeal through various Star Wars Legends video games, customizable cards games, and books. Farrell was officially reintroduced to the official canon through inclusion in the Star Wars: A-wing Deluxe Book and 3D Wood Model book.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: A-wing Deluxe Book and 3D Wood Model (First identified as Jake Farrell)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition – Rebel Alliance Conversion Kit (Card: ) (Reissued in RZ-1 A-Wing Expansion Pack)