These herbivores would get food and water from plants and shrubs relying on a small nipping beak and a wide, 180-degree vision range for protection from predators like anooba. They had long ears which they used for hearing, heat dissipation, and communication. These ears relayed the creatures' attitude. When alarmed, they would put both ears up; when curious, they would put one ear up and leave the other down; when all was well, they would simply leave both ears down.
Their one-day-old kits had a reputation for eagerness.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Yoda: Dark Rendezvous (Mentioned only)
- Imperial Commando: 501st (Mentioned only)
- Empire 8: Darklighter, Part 1 (First appearance)
- Empire 9: Darklighter, Part 2 (Mentioned only)
- (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide (First mentioned)
- The Art of Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 114 (TAT60, Tatooine Wildlife)
- Scum and Villainy (as Jackrab)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia