The jamming beam was a weapon system developed just prior to the Battle of Endor. Similar to the tractor beam, the jamming beam was a projection weapon that disrupted the fire control systems of the "painted" craft. Once "painted", attacking craft could attack their target unhindered by defensive fire.
Behind the scenesEdit
The jamming beam appeared in very few missions in TIE Fighter, however was readily available in X-wing Alliance's multiplayer and skirmish modes.
- Star Wars: TIE Fighter (First appearance)
- Star Wars: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter
- Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance
- Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition – Galactic Empire Conversion Kit (Card: ) (Reissued in Rebel Alliance Conversion Kit, Scum and Villainy Conversion Kit)