Jannah's energy bow was a custom-built energy bow used by the human female Jannah during the war between the First Order and the Resistance. Jannah made several of these bows and distributed them to the heads of Company 77, which promptly distinguished them as a symbol of leadership.
Weapon Technology[edit | edit source]
While bowcaster technology usually utilized tensile strength or magnetic acceleration, Jannah's design augmented the user's strength. The field projectors found in the weapon's limb and the blaster barrel combined to propel custom arrows with greater speed, distance, power, and accuracy. The arrows consisted of polarized power-sink "sturm dowels" from spent blaster ammunition packs attached to shafts of aluminum. To nock an arrow, Jannah drew it back through a repurposed blaster shaft, which subjected it to the electromagnetic field. The arrow's flight was stabilized by polarizers built into each limb of the bow. If enough unspent energy remained in the dowel, it had the potential to be an explosive shot.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Jannah's energy bow first appeared in the 2019 film Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker. The bow was designed to be ambidextrous and look as if it had been constructed from scavenged parts.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: A Junior Novel
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Galactic Guide
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Jannah's energy bow)
- (Picture only)