- "And your battle group, general? Nythlide is secure?"
"Under control, at least. Two carriers under Major Jaun will stay to support the local militia. Now that the battle group has punched through the blockade, the Deliverance is returning to its primary objective."
- ―Gial Ackbar and Hera Syndulla
Jaun was a major in the New Republic's military during the Galactic Civil War, serving in General Hera Syndulla's battle group. After the battle group defeated the Galactic Empire's blockades in the Nythlide Array in 5 ABY, Syndulla planned to appoint a pair of carriers under Jaun to remain to support the local militia while she continued her hunt for the Empire's 204th Imperial Fighter Wing.
Syndulla echoed her intentions with Jaun's carriers to Admiral Gial Ackbar when he asked her of the Nythlide Array's status during a meeting of the New Republic High Command. The carriers were set to later rejoin Syndulla's forces once operations in Nythlide were finished, but after the general discovered that the 204th had carried out a string of genocides on Imperial worlds that had gone rogue from the Empire, she decided to reroute the carriers to look for survivors.
Behind the scenes
- Victory's Price (First mentioned, simultaneous with Victory's Price audiobook)
- Victory's Price audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Victory's Price
- Victory's Price begins eleven months after the Battle of Endor, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 4 ABY, and features the Battle of Jakku, which Galactic Atlas in turn places in 5 ABY. Since Before the Awakening establishes that Kes Dameron and Shara Bey moved to Yavin 4 around six months after the Battle of Endor and Galactic Atlas dates their move to 5 ABY, Victory's Price must therefore be set in 5 ABY. Furthermore, since the mention of the Jaun in Victory's Price occurs prior to the Battle of Jakku, it must also have taken place that year.