- "Can you tell me where the Jawas went?"
"Sure, to their trading fort. Here are the directions."
- ―A spacer and Peggin Dulin
The Jawa Mountain Fortress, also known as the Jawa Trading Outpost, was a fortress on the desert planet Tatooine inhabited by Jawas as a center of trade and commerce during the time of the Galactic Civil War.
History[edit | edit source]
- "My master bids you good day, and asks what you are interested in buying."
- ―C4-ZX, to a spacer
It was considered to be one of the few places the Jawas could call home. It was a permanent gathering place for Jawas who wanted to sell or trade goods in their bustling bazaar. Sandcrawlers could also be found parked at the fortress.
Circa 1 ABY, the Jawa trader Ji'Ni Sil was approached by a spacer who was looking for a body casing from a R2 unit that once belonged to Peggin Dulin and was later salvaged by Jawas. The droid was actually wanted by both Imperial Commander Barrezz and Rebel Captain Bastra. Ji'Ni Sil's droid, C4-ZX, informed the spacer that the droid casing was already sold to a robonium miner. Despite the miner was killed by Tusken Raiders, the spacer finally managed to retrieve the casing.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Jawa Mountain Fortress appeared in the video game Star Wars Galaxies, a massively multiplayer online-role playing game developed by Sony and published by LucasArts, prior to its closure on December 15, 2011.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Guide: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars: Complete Locations