- "Han? Han Solo? I'm twice the pilot he is. There— what did I tell ya? Could Solo pull off a landin' like that?"
- ―Jaxxon, while crash-landing the Rabbit's Foot
At some point during the Galactic Civil War, Jaxxon and the pirate Amaiza Foxtrain were hired by Prizzi, Queen of Livorno, to safely deliver the last eggs of her kind to Princess Leia Organa of the Rebel Alliance. Once aboard the smuggler's starship the Rabbit's Foot, Jaxxon and the queen realized that the eggs were not hers when they hatched, revealing hostile flying creatures. It turned out that Foxtrain had double-crossed him, slipping away with the real eggs.
Nevertheless, Jaxxon managed to track her to the space-bound casino known as the Wheel, where the pirate was trying to sell the purloined eggs to the highest bidder. There followed a three-sided scuffle between Jaxxon, Foxtrain, and an agent of the Galactic Empire. Having released the flying pests from earlier on his former associate, the long-eared smuggler got away with the eggs. He then brought the precious cargo to Organa and Han Solo.
Upon receiving Organa's thanks, Jaxxon asked his droid Mel to bring forth the eggs, which the robot accidentally dropped. While all reacted in shock, Jaxxon knew that he had been sent on wild goose chase, and that those eggs were fake as well. The Rebels then admitted that, knowing the Empire were closing in on the eggs, they used Jaxxon's mission as a decoy while Solo smuggled the genuine articles in his own ship. Nevertheless, Jaxxon was glad to learn that not only the Alliance would pay him what he was owed, but that Solo himself would have to repair his ship.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "How am I supposed to fly this thing with ya screamin' yer head off?"
With his long ears, large pair of buck teeth, and short green fur, the Lepi Jaxxon resembled a common rabbit, which owed him epithets such as "cottontail" or "green-ears." He was lanky and tall, measuring over 1.80 meters. He was fond of dewback steaks.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Hello? Anybody? I can hear you breathing!"
- ―Jaxxon, on a variant cover of Star Wars 1: Skywalker Strikes
Jaxxon first appeared in Star Wars canon in "The Lost Eggs of Livorno," a comic penned by Cavan Scott and illustrated by Alain Mauricet that was published as the secondary story of Star Wars Adventures Annual 2018 on April 18, 2018. Jaxxon was originally created for the Star Wars Legends Star Wars 8: Eight for Aduba-3, a 1977 comic written by Roy Thomas and illustrated by Howard Chaykin.
As early as 2014, Marvel Comics' Star Wars writer Jason Aaron mentioned the "giant bunny rabbit" as the Legends character he would most like to canonize. Jaxxon was also featured on several variant covers, including one of Star Wars 1: Skywalker Strikes, produced by artist John Tyler Christopher, one of Vader Down, Part I, made by Chip Zdarsky, and one of Poe Dameron 1: Black Squadron, Part I, illustrated by David Nakayama. In The Force Awakens, Part III, the third issue of the six-part adaptation of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, a Lepi was seen from the back during a crowd scene at Maz Kanata's castle.
On March 19, 2018, a character resembling Jaxxon was seen on Ord Mantell in "Bounty Hunted," the sixth episode of the canon animated micro-series Star Wars: Forces of Destiny's second season. The same model was used again in the episode "Triplecross."
- "The Lost Eggs of Livorno"—Star Wars Adventures Annual 2018 (First appearance)
- Choose Your Destiny: A Luke & Leia Adventure (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Adventures Annual 2019
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 In Choose Your Destiny: An Obi-Wan & Anakin Adventure, an alien with long ears and buck teeth is identified as a Lepi.
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 "The Lost Eggs of Livorno"—Star Wars Adventures Annual 2018
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 In "The Lost Eggs of Livorno," Jaxxon is shown to be taller than Han Solo who, according to his Databank entry, is 1.80 meters.
- ↑ Star Wars 8: Eight for Aduba-3
- ↑ Beard, Jim (2014-07-27). SDCC 2014: Star Wars. Marvel.com. Retrieved on July 27, 2014.
- ↑ Zdarsky brings Jaxxon to "Star Wars: Vader Down" Variant Cover. Comic Book Resources (2015-10-20).
- ↑ Dullard, Lisa (2016-03-01). STAR WARS: POE DAMERON #1 Comes to Comic Shops With an Epic Celebration!. Coffee With Kenobi. Retrieved on March 17, 2016.
- ↑ The Force Awakens, Part III
- ↑ Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "Bounty Hunted"
- ↑ Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "Triplecross"