- "Such Jedi dedicate themselves to the healing arts of the Force, and ways to defend the innocent. But, they must also defend themselves. A Jedi Sage can confuse an opponent's mind, or use telekinesis to stop him in his tracks."
Jedi Sages were Jedi Consulars who fought for the Galactic Republic during the Great Galactic War and the Cold War that followed it circa 3653 BBY. Jedi Sages were still part of the Jedi Order through the Great Jedi Purge.
These Jedi specialized in Force healing and Telekinesis. Jedi Sages were known to primarily wield one single-bladed lightsaber in combat, and were adept at ranged attacks with the Force. They were also expert trackers, being able to find numerous people across the galaxy through deep meditation.
The use of the term "Jedi Sage" to denote specialized Jedi Consulars may have been an adaptation of the term "Sage Master", which was previously used to denote a Jedi Consular of great skill and learning. The term Sage Master was used to describe the subjects of two Bronzium statues at the main entrance of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant memorializing two of the Jedi Masters who founded the temple circa 4000 BBY.
Behind the scenes
The Jedi Sage is an advanced class specialization for the Jedi Consular class in Star Wars: The Old Republic. This advanced class specializes in the use of Force healing and telekinesis in battle. The Imperial counterpart for this archetype is the Sith Sorcerer specialization for the Sith Inquisitor class.
The Jedi Sage was originally announced as the "Jedi Wizard." However, after fans voiced their distaste for the name BioWare posted a user poll on the Star Wars: The Old Republic forums to allow registered users to select a new name for the advanced class. The voting options for the poll were Jedi Sage, Jedi Seer, Jedi Adept, and Jedi Wizard. Jedi Sage won the poll with 15,251 votes. Jedi Wizard came last with 1,102 votes. The name of the advanced class was officially changed to Jedi Sage on December 2, 2010.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Force and Destiny Core Rulebook
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: The Old Republic | News & Updates, News - "Fan Friday"
- ↑ Star Wars: Complete Locations
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic | News & Updates, News Article - "Vote for the Jedi Consular Advanced Class"
- ↑ Surveys and Polls - Vote for the Jedi Consular Advanced Class
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic | News & Updates, News Article - "Jedi Wizard Renamed"