- "Your reputation precedes you, General—the reputation of a coward and a murderer."
"Murderer? Is it murder to rid the galaxy of you Jedi filth?"
- ―Eeth Koth and General Grievous
A Jedi hunter was an individual tasked with the hunting and killing of members of the Jedi Order. Grievous, the Kaleesh Supreme Commander of the Separatist Military, was trained in the art of lightsaber combat by Dooku and claimed the lightsabers of Jedi he slew as trophies. As the Clone Wars progressed, Grievous garnered a fearsome reputation as a formidable Jedi killer, striking terror into the hearts of Republic citizens.
Following the transformation of the Galactic Republic into the first Galactic Empire, the Inquisitorius rose as an organization of Jedi hunters trained by Darth Vader himself to harness the dark side of the Force and wield double-bladed spinning lightsabers as they assisted in the extermination of the Jedi. Emperor Palpatine had decreed that the Empire was to convert former members of the Jedi into Inquisitors, further cementing the downfall of the Jedi religion and perversion of the Force.
History[edit | edit source]
During the Clone Wars, the Confederacy's Droid Army's supreme commander, General Grievous was considered a Jedi hunter due to his penchant in collecting lightsabers from slain Jedi such as Neebo. Among Grievous' kills were Nahdar Vebb, a Mikkian Jedi, and a human padawan.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Non-canon appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- A New Hero
- Star Wars Rebels: Beware the Inquisitor!
- Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- Star Wars Rebels: Fight the Empire
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- (First identified as Jedi hunter)