- "You can't walk around dressed like a monk while clones are on the hunt for Jedi."
- ―Janus Kasmir, to Caleb Dume
Jedi robes was a term that referred to the monk-like garments and robes worn by members of the Jedi Order. Although they were free to choose their clothing from the time they became Padawans, most Jedi adopted the garments traditionally associated with the order, with notable exceptions like Aayla Secura and Ahsoka Tano. During the final years of the Galactic Republic, Anakin Skywalker wore darker garments than his fellow Jedi, a choice that drew concern from the Jedi Masters.
Although the Jedi had no set uniforms, their clothes tended to follow a pattern, consisting of an undertunic, an overtunic, an outer robe with a deep hood and wide sleeves, loose-fitting trousers, a tabard, a broad sash tied about the waist, and tall boots. Those pieces of clothing and footwear generally varied in light earth tones, though several Jedi were known for wearing darker versions. In the eyes of some, like the Kalleran scoundrel Janus Kasmir, Jedi robes made their wearers look similar to monks.
From the time they were Padawans, members of the Jedi Order were free to choose their clothing. The Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker wore darker garments than his fellow Jedi during the last years of the Galactic Republic, a fact which drew concern from the Jedi Masters.
The Twi'lek Aayla Secura notably averted the classical pattern, wearing fitted clothes that allowed complete freedom of movement and left her midriff exposed. Her fellow Twi'lek Finn Ertay, however, wore a long-sleeved, high-necked full-length dress that began to flare below the waist. Ahsoka Tano, the Togruta Padawan of Anakin Skywalker, dressed similarly to Secura. The Kiffar Quinlan Vos favored sleeveless tunics, and sometimes donned a black leather outfit. Being a hair-covered Wookiee, the Padawan Gungi wore nothing but a sash, a belt, and a bandolier.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Ultimate Sticker Collection
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Activity Book with Stickers (Picture only)
- Star Wars Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Women of the Galaxy
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Kanan 2: The Last Padawan, Part II: Flight
- ↑ Star Wars Battlefront II
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Revival"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Defenders of Peace"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hunt for Ziro"
- ↑ Dark Disciple
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Gathering"
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace