- "Okay clankers, suck laser!"
- ―Jek, to battle droids on Rugosa
"Jek" was the nickname of a clone shock trooper who served in the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars. He served alongside Jedi Master Yoda on Rugosa. In 19 BBY, Jek served at the Battle of Kashyyyk.
Jek was one of the three clone troopers, alongside Clone Lieutenant Thire and Rys, who were dispatched to Rugosa as part of the escort accompanying Grand Master Yoda to secure an alliance between the Galactic Republic and King Katuunko of Toydaria. The group was ambushed by Separatist forces led by Asajj Ventress and, consequently, had to fight their way through her battle droid forces to reach the meeting point. In 19 BBY, Jek served under Clone Commander CC-1004 "Gree" at the Battle of Kashyyyk.
Personality and traits
- "Jek. Concerned about weapons you are. Weapons do not win battles. Your mind, powerful it is! Mmm? Outthink the droids you can."
- ―Yoda, to Jek during their mission, to Rugosa
According to Master Yoda, Jek had an obsession with weapons, always thinking the strength of his team depended on having superior firepower. This mentality was reflected on his weapon of choice, the rotary blaster cannon. In the aftermath of their mission on Rugosa, Jek painted battle droid heads on his weapon.
Behind the scenes
In the Netflix subtitles of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode "Ambush," Jek's name was misspelled as "Jjeck."[source?] Author Jason Fry has stated that his intention was for Jek to be present on Kashyyyk at the time of Order 66 in Yoda's Force vision in "Sharing the Same Face," a 2020 adaptation of "Ambush."
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ambush" (First appearance)
- "Sharing the Same Face"—The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season One
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 38 (Helmets: Commander Thire; Highlights of the Saga: Ambush on Rugosa)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Character Encyclopedia - Join the Battle!
- (Picture only)