- "Okay clankers, suck laser!"
- ―Jek, to battle droids on Rugosa
"Jek" was a clone of the Mandalorian bounty hunter Jango Fett. At the start of the Clone Wars he was tasked with protecting the senate as well as escort duty. Until he and a fellow Trooper under the command of Lieutenant Thire went with Jedi General Yoda on his Mission to Rugosa.
Biography[edit | edit source]
At the beginning of the Clone Wars, Jek had a relatively uneventful posting in the Senate district. Probably because of the sedate confines of Senate and diplomatic escort duty Jek became obsessed with weapons as an outlet. He was an expert in all manner of small arms blaster weaponry, and had even gone so far as requisitioning and obtaining heavy weapons even though they weren't part of his mission requirements.
In 22 BBY, Jek finally got the chance to test some of his favorite weapons in action when he and his fellow trooper Rys under the command of Lieutenant Thire were assigned to escort Jedi Master Yoda to a diplomatic mission to Rugosa. When their transport came under attack by Separatist frigates, Yoda and the troopers landed on the moon's surface in the escape pod. The clones helped Yoda to get past a whole battalion of T81 Division's B1 battle droids along with Armored Assault Tanks, sent by Asajj Ventress to intercept them as a challenge to the competency of the Jedi and the Republic's forces, in order to secure a treaty with Toydarian King Katuunko. During the mission, Yoda advised Jek that his most powerful weapon was not the hardware that he lugged around, but his mind. The lesson stuck with Jek, who along with his fellow clones was able to improvise a critical rescue when Yoda was outnumbered by approaching droidekas by shooting a rocky overhang, making it collapse on the droidekas, which allowed them to successfully complete their mission.
Personality and traits[edit | edit source]
A loyal yet laconic clone trooper, Jek preferred to let his Z-6 rotary blaster do the talking. Jek used his weapons as an outlet, due to the quiet confines of Senate and diplomatic escort duty. Yoda advised Jek that his most powerful weapon was his mind, and not the hardware that he lugged around, a lesson that struck a chord with the clone. Jek had a shaved head not unlike many of his clone brothers, and he also had a tattoo on the back of his neck. He appeared to be good friends with Rys.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Jek's main weapon was a Z-6 rotary blaster cannon. He also favoured a blaster rifle, thermal detonators, and many more weapons. Jek bore the markings of the Coruscant guard on his helmet, arms, and kneepads.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The Clone Wars: Prelude (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ambush"
- The Clone Wars: Ambush
- The Clone Wars: Yoda in Action!
Non-canon appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars PocketModel TCG – Clone Wars Tactics (Card: Jek)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season One Episode Guide, Part One"—Star Wars Insider 106
- The Art of Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season One
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Character Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Year by Year: A Visual Chronicle (Picture only)
- LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.45