Jeremitt Towani and his family were returning home in their star cruiser in 3 ABY, and their course took them through the Moddell sector. For some reason, their ship had to make a crash-landing on the Forest Moon of Endor. He and Catarine went out looking for help, leaving their children with the ship, telling them not to leave the ship while they were gone. However, upon return, they could find no trace of their children. Suddenly, the Gorax appeared near the ship and kidnapped both Jeremitt and Catarine. Little did they know that Cindel was hiding in the ship.
Not long afterward, a tribe of nearby Ewoks, while on a search for their own children, discovered the crashed Towani star cruiser (which they assumed was deserted). After a look inside, they discovered Cindel, hiding in a cabinet. Soon Mace returned from a trek in the forest, assuming the Ewoks meant harm toward he and his sister. After he realized they meant no harm, he and he sister joined the Ewoks in an attempt to rescue the parents from the clutches of the Gorax.
Together, they depart the village, and cross the Endor moon, until they finally reach the Gorax, who they fight and eventually defeat. Jeremitt and Catarine had been put in a cage by the Gorax, and had to be freed. Mace freed them, and everyone returned to the village and celebrated.
Jeremitt had hoped that Deej and Logray could help him repair the star cruiser's transmitter. However, he soon learned that the Ewoks had no knowledge of the star cruiser's technology. So he began work on repairing the star cruiser by himself. After a few months, the star cruiser was repaired enough to allow the family to leave the moon. However, as Jeremitt was finishing up repairs, a group of Sanyassan Marauders attacked the village, killing many and capturing the rest. Jeremitt tried to escape with Cindel, but was shot in the back by one of the Marauders. Due to his wounds, Jeremitt told Cindel to get away while he held off the Maruaders with his pistol. He was mortally wounded during this action.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure (First appearance)
- Ewoks: The Battle for Endor
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi junior novelization (Indirect mention only)
- George Lucas: The Creative Impulse
- The Essential Guide to Characters
- "Caravan of Courage: Star Wars on Television"—Star Wars Insider 32 (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Third Edition, Revised and Expanded
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Special Edition
- "Warriors of Endor"—Star Wars Insider 110
- (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded