Jess was a popular Human female musician. Secretly, she hoped to eventually leave Jabba's Palace by joining a band. Jess was often seen in the company of Bib Fortuna, and she witnessed Han Solo's rescue.
In 4 ABY, Jess worked as a musician in Jabba's Palace, hoping to eventually leave the establishment by joining a band. Jess was often seen in the company of Bib Fortuna stroking his lekku. He reciprocated the gesture, often leading her around the throne room by hand, and letting her sit nestled to him. Though he still reminded her what she was, dragging her to the sight of the dancing girl Oola being fed to the rancor. Later, she was left to slumber alone on Jabba's dais with Yarna, and some random patron as Fortuna lay in wait with his master, ready to spring the trap as Leia Organa, disguised as Boushh, released Han Solo from carbonite. Whether she went on Jabba's sailbarge with the others is unknown.
Personality and traitsEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
- "There's a scantily clad girl with platinum blonde hair, bare midriff, and flirtatious eye on Bib Fortuna. Her name is Jess."
- ―Pablo Hidalgo
Bib Fortuna actor Michael Carter, via an interview on TheForce.net, has alluded to several cut scenes from Return of the Jedi that involved Jess and Salacious B. Crumb. Some of these scenes appear in "Lapti Nek" The Music Video from Jabba's Palace.
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- "Lapti Nek": The Music Video from Jabba's Palace
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi 1: In the Hands of Jabba the Hutt
- Star Wars Manga: Return of the Jedi 1
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition (p. 107)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Jabba's Palace Limited (Card: Jess) (First identified as Jess)
- "Return of the Ewok"—Star Wars Insider 46
- "Ask Lobot"—Star Wars Insider 66
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Jabba's Palace Limited (Card: Jess)
- ↑ TheForce.net. TheForce.Net - Jedi Council - Interviews - Cellblock 1138 - Michael Carter. Archived from the original on February 17, 2013. Retrieved on August 23, 2013.