- "Doc! How's Jessop? He okay?"
"Your friend suffered from a rakghoul bite."
"Just a bite. So he got off easy?"
"He was infected with the rakghoul plague. He was turning into one of them, so I spared him the misery."
- ―A Republic soldier and a doctor discuss Jessop
Jessop was a male individual who was friends with a Human Republic soldier. At some point by 3643 BBY, Jessop was bitten by a rakghoul, a type of Sithspawn, on the planet Taris. As a result, Jessop was contaminated with the rakghoul plague, which transformed the infected themselves into rakghouls. A Twi'lek doctor attempted to save Jessop but eventually opted to spare him from becoming a rakghoul and killed him instead. The doctor later informed the Republic soldier of Jessop's death.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Jessop was first introduced in the 2011 massively multiplayer online role-playing video game Star Wars: The Old Republic, released by BioWare. He is mentioned during a conversation between two non-player characters on the planet Taris.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First mentioned)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. The Prologue for each class immediately precedes Act I, and Act III for all classes begins with the start of the Galactic War, which Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places around 3640 BBY. Assuming that in-universe chronology of the Star Wars: The Old Republic events roughly aligns with the release of story content in real-life as with , the Act III Epilogue must take place near the end of 3640 BBY since it was the chronologically latest story of the The Old Republic base game, which was released toward the end of 2011. Therefore, assuming that The Old Republic takes place over the course of three years per the former of the two aforementioned swtor.com posts, Act I takes place near the end of 3643 BBY. As the three aforementioned classes visit Taris during Act I and can witness the conversation between Jessop's doctor and his friend there, it must therefore take place in 3643 BBY. As Jessop is revealed in the conversation to have already been killed, his death can be placed at some point by that year. places
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Ambient dialogue in the city of Olaris, Taris
- Knights of the Old Republic 25: Vector, Part 1