- "Doc! How's Jessop? He okay?"
"Your friend suffered from a rakghoul bite."
"Just a bite. So he got off easy?"
"He was infected with the rakghoul plague. He was turning into one of them, so I spared him the misery."
- ―A Republic soldier and a doctor discuss Jessop
Jessop was a male individual who was friends with a Human Republic soldier. At some point by 3643 BBY, Jessop was bitten by a rakghoul, a type of Sithspawn, on the planet Taris. As a result, Jessop was contaminated with the rakghoul plague, which transformed the infected themselves into rakghouls. A Twi'lek doctor attempted to save Jessop but eventually opted to spare him from becoming a rakghoul and killed him instead. The doctor later informed the Republic soldier of Jessop's death.
Behind the scenes
Jessop was first introduced in the 2011 massively multiplayer online role-playing video game Star Wars: The Old Republic, released by BioWare. He is mentioned during a conversation between two non-player characters on the planet Taris.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of the Prologue and Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. As the three aforementioned classes visit Taris during Act I and can witness the conversation between Jessop's doctor and his friend there, it must therefore take place in 3643 BBY. As Jessop is revealed in the conversation to have already been killed, his death can be placed at some point by that year. places
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Ambient dialogue in the city of Olaris, Taris
- Knights of the Old Republic 25