- "Doc! How's Jessop? He okay?"
"Your friend suffered from a rakghoul bite."
"Just a bite. So he got off easy?"
"He was infected with the rakghoul plague. He was turning into one of them, so I spared him the misery."
- ―A Republic soldier and a doctor discuss Jessop
Jessop was a male individual who was friends with a Human Republic soldier. At some point by 3643 BBY, Jessop was bitten by a rakghoul, a type of Sithspawn, on the planet Taris. As a result, Jessop was contaminated with the rakghoul plague, which transformed the infected themselves into rakghouls. A Twi'lek doctor attempted to save Jessop but eventually opted to spare him from becoming a rakghoul and killed him instead. The doctor later informed the Republic soldier of Jessop's death.
Behind the scenesEdit
Jessop was first introduced in the 2011 massively multiplayer online role-playing video game Star Wars: The Old Republic, released by BioWare. He is mentioned during a conversation between two non-player characters on the planet Taris.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Using comments and information from The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2, The Old Republic: Annihilation, and "The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom"—Star Wars Insider 137, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY. As the three aforementioned classes visit Taris during Act I and can witness the conversation between Jessop's doctor and his friend there, it must therefore take place in 3643 BBY. As Jessop is revealed in the conversation to have already been killed, his death can be placed at some point by that year.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Ambient dialogue in the city of Olaris, Taris
- ↑ Knights of the Old Republic 25: Vector, Part 1