Jestefad was a large gas giant planet located in the Atravis sector of the Outer Rim Territories' Western Reaches portion, in the Mustafar system, at grid square L-19 of the Standard Galactic Grid. In close orbit of its smaller twin world of Mustafar, Jestefad's gravitational field subjected the volcanic planet to immense tidal forces, and its large electromagnetic field swamped the small volcanic planet, which created wild electrical storms, and was constantly trying to make Mustafar into its moon with its gravity. However, influence from a further second gas giant, Lefrani, pulled the smaller planet away from Jestefad, effectively turning Mustafar into an unstable world of magma and rock.
Several millennia ago, Jestefad and Lefrani were pulled out their orbit around the star Priate during a cataclysmic struggle between the Jedi and Sith. As a result, both were placed close to the smaller world of Mustafar, suspending the planet between their two gravitational pulls.
Behind the scenes
Jestefad first appeared in the prequel trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, which was released on May 19, 2005. The planet was first identified in new Star Wars canon in the seventeeth issue of the Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon magazine, published around April 29, 2015. Jestefad was first identified in the Star Wars Legends in Star Wars: Complete Locations, a reference book published by Dorling Kindersley on October 17, 2005.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Children of the Force"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- Star Wars Rebels webcomic
- Star Wars Rebels – "Fire Across the Galaxy"
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 17 (Guide to the Galaxy: Visiting Mustafar) (First identified as Jestefad)
- Special Modifications
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: The Galactic Explorer's Guide
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Complete Locations, 2016 edition
- Star Wars: The Galactic Explorer's Guide — Based on corresponding data for Mustafar system
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 17 (Guide to the Galaxy: Visiting Mustafar)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game — Based on corresponding data for Mustafar system
- Star Wars: Rogue One: Rebel Dossier
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- The second issue of the De Agostini weekly magazine Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon was set to be published on January 14, 2015, according to Therefore, it can be calculated that Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 17 was published around April 29, 2015.
- Star Wars: Complete Locations, 2005 edition