A jester was an individual kept by a person of rank for amusement. Jesters provided entertainment, as with jokes or antics, in their employers' courts. Over a dozen years before the Battle of Endor, Salacious B. Crumb became the court jester of Jabba Desilijic Tiure, a Hutt crime boss who operated from Tatooine. As part of their deal, Crumb was allowed to remain at the Hutt's court if he managed to amuse his master at leace once a day; should he ever fail, however, the jester would be executed.
- Star Wars: The Original Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Darth Vader 1: Vader
- Star Wars 4: Skywalker Strikes, Part IV
- Star Wars 34: The Thirteen Crates
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side!
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization
- Episode VI: Return of the Jedi Read-Along Storybook and CD (Appears in illustration only)
- Rescue from Jabba's Palace
- The Legends of Luke Skywalker