- "Hitting it hard tonight."
- ―Rebel soldiers Yendor and Kyrell, on drinking jet juice following the Battle of Hoth
Jet juice was a strong alcoholic beverage that was referred to as "engine-room hooch" and could be brewed by pilots while in transit on starships. The manufacture of jet juice was officially banned by High Command of the Rebel Alliance; however, its creation and consumption was given a blind eye as long as it didn't interfere with one's duty.
Copious amounts were consumed by humans on the Sanctuary Moon in the celebrations following the Battle of Endor in 4 ABY, In 34 ABY, a version of Jet Juice was available for purchase at Oga's Cantina in Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu. On one occassion after a work shift, Resistance spy Vi Moradi ordered the drink from the bartender Nanz.
Behind the scenes
Jet juice was first mentioned in Star Wars Legends in the 1979 novel Han Solo at Stars' End by Brian Daley. It was introduced to the new canon with its appearance in the 2015 novel Lost Stars by Claudia Gray, and it was first pictured in the webcomic adaptation of the novel.
A real-world version of this drink is found in Oga's Cantina at Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. The menu's description reads, "Maker's Mark bourbon, Ancho Reyes chile liqueur, Cedilla açaí liqueur, white grape Juice, and lemon juice."
The 2020 non-canon video game expansion The Sims 4 Star Wars: Journey to Batuu includes Jet Juice as a drink sold to the player's Sims at the Oga's Cantina vendor in the Black Spire Outpost neighborhood. Upon consuming the drink for the first time, the Sim automatically learns the recipe and can prepare it at mixology bars in their home neighborhood.
- Rebel Rising (Mentioned only)
- Rebel Rising audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Lost Stars (First appearance, simultaneous with Lost Stars audiobook)
- Lost Stars audiobook
- Lost Stars webcomic (First pictured)
- "Desert Son"—From a Certain Point of View (Mentioned only)
- Bloodline audiobook
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Children from Tehar" (Mentioned only)
- Join the Resistance: Escape from Vodran (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Disappeared" (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire audiobook
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Oga's Cantina
Notes and references
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire
- Lost Stars
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- The Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge novel Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire starts concurrent with the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, then jumps four months ahead to the Resistance establishing its presence on Batuu, and concludes with an epilogue set several weeks later, when the First Order occupies the planet and the Battle of Batuu begins. The themed land Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge is also set during the occupation of Batuu and depicts the Battle of Batuu via the attraction Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. The Star Wars Book dates the Battle of Batuu to 34 years after the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which corresponds to 34 ABY according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary also places the Battle of Batuu six months after The Force Awakens, which Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY. Therefore everything within Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge and any related tie-in media depicting the Battle of Batuu, or set between The Force Awakens and the battle, must also occur in 34 ABY.
- Lost Stars webcomic
- The Sims 4 Star Wars: Journey to Batuu