- "Hitting it hard tonight."
- ―Rebel soldiers Yendor and Kyrell, on drinking jet juice following the Battle of Hoth
Jet juice was a strong alcoholic beverage that was referred to as "engine-room hooch" and could be brewed by pilots while in transit on starships. The manufacture of jet juice was officially banned by High Command of the Rebel Alliance; however, its creation and consumption was given a blind eye as long as it didn't interfere with one's duty.
Copious amounts were consumed by humans on the Sanctuary Moon in the celebrations following the Battle of Endor in 4 ABY, In 34 ABY, a version of Jet Juice was available for purchase at Oga's Cantina in Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu. On one occassion after a work shift, Resistance spy Vi Moradi ordered the drink from the bartender Nanz.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Jet juice was first mentioned in Star Wars Legends in the 1979 novel Han Solo at Stars' End by Brian Daley. It was introduced to the new canon with its appearance in the 2015 novel Lost Stars by Claudia Gray, and it was first pictured in the webcomic adaptation of the novel.
A real-world version of this drink is found in Oga's Cantina at Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. The menu's description reads, "Maker's Mark bourbon, Ancho Reyes chile liqueur, Cedilla açaí liqueur, white grape Juice, and lemon juice."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Rebel Rising (Mentioned only)
- Lost Stars (First appearance)
- Lost Stars webcomic (First pictured)
- "Desert Son"—From a Certain Point of View (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Children from Tehar" (Mentioned only)
- Join the Resistance: Escape from Vodran (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Disappeared" (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Oga's Cantina
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire
- Lost Stars
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire starts concurrent with the Battle of Takodana and the Hosnian Cataclysm, which are depicted in Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, then jumps four months ahead to the Resistance establishing its presence on Batuu, and concludes with an epilogue set several weeks later, when the First Order occupies the planet and the Battle of Batuu begins. The themed land Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge is set during the occupation and depicts the Battle of Batuu via the attraction Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary dates the battle to six months after the events of The Force Awakens, which are dated by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas to 34 ABY. Furthermore, The Star Wars Book dates the Battle of Batuu to 34 years after the end of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 0 ABY; this again places the Battle of Batuu in 34 ABY. Therefore everything within Galaxy's Edge and any related media depicting the Battle of Batuu, or set between The Force Awakens and the battle, must also occur in that year.
- Lost Stars webcomic