Jillsarians were a species of muscular humanoid sentients with four arms from the Jillsaria system. Their integument varied, with some individuals possessing orange skin while others were covered in brown fur.
Golben, a technician onboard Omze's Incredible Traveling Starport was a Jillsarian, as was Resik, a bartender on Reuss VIII who went on to become an operative for the Rebel Alliance. Doodnik Sharpelz, owner of Doodnik's Café on Tyne's Horky, was a Jillsarian who spent his formative years on Ojom, homeworld of another four-armed species, the Besalisks. Jillsarians were also known to live on Tatooine.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Jillsarians first officially appeared in the guise of Resik, a character in 1994's Cracken's Rebel Operatives, a roleplaying game supplement for West End Games' Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition. Another Jillsarian, Golben, appeared the following year in that company's Platt's Starport Guide.
However, two previously existing four-armed characters were long suspected of being Jillsarian. An unidentified four-armed background character appeared in an illustration in Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley in 1993. More prominently, the four-armed chef Doodnik first appeared as the owner of Doodnik's Café in "The Lost Prince," a 1985 episode of the Star Wars Droids animated television series. While Gregory Walker's 2009 work Dining at Dex's hinted at Doodnik being a Besalisk by making him hail from their homeworld of Ojom, Walker acknowledged that the explicit identification was not actually made. This left the door open for the second part of Abel G. Peña and Rich Handley's Official Star Wars Blog post, "The Droids Re-Animated," to address the uncertainty in 2013, making Doodnik a Jillsarian who had grown up on Ojom.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Droids—"The Lost Prince" (First appearance) (Retcon)
- The Lost Prince: A Droid Adventure (Retcon)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley (First pictured) (Picture only)
- Cracken's Rebel Operatives (First identified as Jillsarian)
- Platt's Starport Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Cracken's Rebel Operatives
- Platt's Starport Guide
- Star Wars: Droids—"The Lost Prince"
- Jason Fry, co-author of The Essential Atlas, stated his intention to create homeworlds for numerous species based on context implied from their names. This article treats the Jillsaria system as the location of one such homeworld with regard to the Jillsarians. .
- Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley