Jimmy Vee (born February 3, 1959) is a Scottish actor who portrayed R2-D2 in Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi and Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker, continuing the work of the late Kenny Baker. Vee stands at 1.12 meters tall, which allows him to fit into the can-like astromech droid bodies.
Work in Star WarsEdit
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (R2-D2)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (R2-D2)
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (R2-D2)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (MPH-11)
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker (R2-D2)
Notes and referencesEdit
- Doctor Who actor Jimmy Vee is the new R2-D2 in Star Wars Episode 8. Metro.co.uk. Retrieved on January 16, 2016.
- Jimmy Vee on Wikipedia
- @realjimmyvee Jimmy Vee on Twitter