Jinata Security, also known as J-Sec, was a law enforcement agency based on the planet Vardos during the reign of the Galactic Empire. Several Jinata Security officers were present alongside the Aqualish Gleb when Iden Versio returned to her homeworld after being court-martialed for sedition. After they took control of Project Resurrection, an initiative to create new stormtroopers using conscripted children, General Armitage Hux and Captain Phasma of the First Order recruited Jinata Security to help kidnap infants for their plot.
Protectorate Gleb ruled Vardos with the support of Jinata Security and the First Order. After the mission to Athulla, Gideon Hask killed Gleb for her failures and ordered the First Order to lay waste to Vardos, locking the planet down and ordering the destruction of the capital city of Kestro. At that time, J-Sec rebelled against their former allies in the First Order.
During the time Project Resurrection was active, J-Sec mostly used severely outdated starships and vehicles. They used ground vehicles such as the AT-RT and AT-ST. They used starships such as Clone Wars-era ARC-170 starfighters and V-wing starfighters, Rebellion-era Lambda-class T-4a shuttles, modified GR-75 medium transports, at least one modified EF76 Nebulon-B escort frigate and a pre-Clone Wars heavily modified Naboo N-1 starfighter. They also used BTL Y-wing starfighters painted in the livery of Jinata Security.
- Star Wars Battlefront II (First pictured)
- Battlefront II: Inferno Squad (First appearance, simultaneous with Battlefront II: Inferno Squad audiobook)
- Battlefront II: Inferno Squad audiobook
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 62 (Databank A-Z: U-wing–V-wing)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition – Fugitives and Collaborates Squadron Pack (Card: )