- "A jizz band without a Bith has its work cut out for them. A jizz band without a kloo horn should find a new gig."
- ―a popular saying among aficionados
Jizz was an upbeat, swinging genre of music, most notably performed by Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes and the Max Rebo Band. Other notable jizz bands included Bobolo Baker's All-Bith Band, Evar Orbus and His Galactic Jizz-Wailers, Hutt, Figrin D'an II and the New Modal Nodes, and The Sozzenels.
- Bass Viol
- Clak Beepbox
- Dorenian Beshniquel
- Gasan string drum
- Kloo horn
- Mood synthesizer
- Ommni box
- Peel rod
- Ploong sounder
- Slitherhorn (traz)
Behind the scenes
The Return of the Jedi novelization introduced the term "jizz-wailer" to describe a musician, but the term "jizz" as the name of the musical style was not introduced until the publication of Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina, twelve years later.
The packaging of the 2007 Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes action figure 5-pack refers to the band's music as "jazz."
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations