Jmmaar was a male Viraanntesse Jedi Master from the planet Vvaw. Prior to the Clone Wars, Jmmaar and fellow Jedi Master T'chooka D'oon were sent to the planet Kalee to resolve the Huk War—fought between Kalee's native Kaleesh and the invading Huk species—and supported the Huk, a decision that placed the Kaleesh in a state of destitution. One of the Kaleesh warlords who witnessed the Jedi's decision to not help them was Qymaen jai Sheelal, who, during the Clone Wars, was known as the Confederate cyborg General Grievous. In 20 BBY, on the planet Vandos, Jmmaar and D'oon were slain by the cyborg general when they arrived on Vandos to rescue Anx Ambassador Quiyyen from Grievous.
Jmmaar, a ten-legged Viraanntesse male,[source?] was a Jedi Master from the planet Vvaw. Sometime before the start of the Clone Wars, Jmmaar and fellow Jedi Master T'chooka D'oon were sent to the planet Kalee to put an end to the Huk War, a conflict that began after the Huk species invaded Kalee to enslave the native Kaleesh. Through the persuasion of the Galactic Republic Senate, both Jmmaar and D'oon decided to aid and pledge support for the Huks, which drove the Kaleesh into a state of depression and starvation. As a result of their decision, both Jmmaar and D'oon were disliked in the eyes of the Kaleesh. One of the Kaleesh warlords to witness Jmmaar and D'oon's decision to not help Kalee's inhabitants was Qymaen jai Sheelal. Sheelal, who would later be known as the Confederate cyborg General Grievous during the Clone Wars, never forgot the two Jedi Masters.
In 20 BBY, Jmmaar, D'oon, and D'oon's Padawan, Flynn Kybo, were dispatched to the planet Vandos to rescue Republic Anx Ambassador Quiyyen, who had been kidnapped by Grievous. During their mission, both Jmmaar and D'oon were slain by the cyborg general, though D'oon's Padawan found and rescued the captive Quiyyen. As a trophy, Grievous took the fallen Jmmaar's lightsaber and considered it to be one of his favorite weapons. Grievous later utilized Jmmaar's green-bladed weapon during a fight with Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi on the planet Utapau in the final year of the Clone Wars.
Personality and traits
Due to his decision to support the Huk, Jmmaar was disliked by the Kaleesh. The Jedi Master's decision eventually led to his death on Vandos, where Jmmaar was killed by Grievous, a former Kaleesh warlord that remembered Jmmaar's actions on Kalee.
Behind the scenes
Jmmaar was first mentioned in author Matthew Stover's novelization of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, and in Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Incredible Cross-Sections, written by Curtis Saxton. The Jedi Master received a brief mention in the short story Unknown Soldier: The Story of General Grievous, written by author Abel G. Peña, and was later given a short entry in the 2008 reference book The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia.
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith novelization (First mentioned, simultaneous with Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Incredible Cross-Sections)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith unabridged audiobook (First mentioned, simultaneous with Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Incredible Cross-Sections)
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Incredible Cross-Sections (First mentioned, simultaneous with Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith novelization)
- "Jedi Library" – Star Wars Insider 82
- "Ask the Master" – Star Wars Insider 82
- The New Essential Chronology
- "Unknown Soldier: The Story of General Grievous" – Star Wars Insider 86
- Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Complete Vehicles