Jober Tavson was a human male who served as the pilot for the Upsilon-class command shuttle of Kylo Ren, Supreme Leader of the First Order. In the year 34 ABY, he had the military rank of squad leader and piloted the shuttle above First Order forces as they marched across the salt flats of the planet Crait toward the surviving members of the Resistance, who had taken refuge in an old Rebel outpost. Once the First Order reached the outpost, Ren commanded his forces during the Battle of Crait while standing over Tavson's shoulder. When the Jedi Master Luke Skywalker emerged from the outpost and survived a full barrage of all of the First Order's weaponry, the Supreme Leader ordered the shuttle land so he could confront the Jedi alone. General Armitage Hux initially objected to this idea, but after Ren used the Force to hurl Hux into a wall, Tavson quickly obeyed the command. Skywalker ultimately was revealed to have only been projecting an image of himself on to Crait using the Force, and while Ren was distracted by the projection the surviving Resistance members escaped.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Jober Tavson first appeared in the film Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi, which was released on December 15, 2017. The character was not named in the film, but received identification in Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary, a reference book written by Pablo Hidalgo and released in conjunction with the film. He is portrayed by Michael Jibson.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel
- "Tales of Villainy: Follow and Lead"—Star Wars Adventures 2
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Jober Tavson)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Ultimate Sticker Collection
- Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition – First Order Conversion Kit (Card: )
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the events of the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens in 34 ABY. As Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi carries on immediately from the events of The Force Awakens, it can be assumed to take place in the same year.