- Magistrate: "Very well, I sentence you to immediate execution."
- Marik: "What? I thought you said you was reducin' my sentence!"
- Magistrate: "I did reduce your sentence, Marik. I had intended to sentence you to life at hard labor in the Kessel spice mines. As far as the Empire is concerned, you are getting off easy."
- ―An Imperial magistrate sentences Joha Marik[src]
Joha Marik was a privateer working aboard the Free Lance under Urias Xhaxin. However, he disagreed with Xhaxin's affiliation with the Alliance to Restore the Republic and was expelled from the crew, captured by the Imperial security forces as a result. He was sentenced to immediate execution.
- Pirates & Privateers (First mentioned)