- "Johhar Kessen is a former senator, partner. Connected all over the galaxy, and a legendary hunter to boot if you believe the stories."
- ―Saponza informs his partner about Kessen
Johhar Kessen was a human male and the senator of the planet Dandoran during the time of the Galactic Civil War. Owing to an interest in underworld activities, he eschewed the Senate, opting instead to become a mercenary, marketing his services principally to the Galactic Empire. Shortly after the Battle of Yavin, Kessen was thrown into an Imperial prison to keep his people in line and the Rebel Alliance rescued him during the Battle for Tatooine with the help of the Alliance cell there.
Personality and traits
Kessen was a human male with brown hair and brown eyes. He was a keen hunter, bribing Saponza's gang to take him on a big game hunt in return for vital information. He took an interest in underworld activities as well, which got him turning into a mercenary. He claimed to like making nicknames, calling Saponza "Sappo" at one point.
Skills and abilities
Kessen developed a reputation as a proficient striker, noted for his skill in dispatching infantry, vehicles, droidekas, and other heroes, though in battle, he primarily focused on eliminating enemy infantry.
- "That was a good warm-up for my sniper blaster, Karina. But now she needs to take down something larger."
- ―Senator Kessen, after killing an alpha womp rat
Kessen utilised a black blaster rifle he named Karina. Karina was equipped with a magnetic pulse cannon connected to it, which fired a powerful shot capable of passing through multiple targets. Kessen usually wore beige clothing with a gray and blue vest. His shoulder pads too were gray and blue and he wore gray wrist cuffs.
Behind the scenes
- Star Wars: Commander (First appearance)
Notes and references
- Kekit's Databank entry states that Saponza and his partner played an integral part in the campaign that liberated a Jawa clan from the Tusken Raiders. It also states that the plan was orchestrated by Jennica Pierce of the Alliance to Restore the Republic. This scenario does not occur if the player aligns with the Galactic Empire, so it can be deduced that Saponza's gang joined the Alliance.
- Star Wars: Commander