John Barry (1935 – June 1, 1979) was a British production designer. He served as production designer for Star Wars, and as a second unit director on The Empire Strikes Back. Two weeks into filming the latter (May 31, 1979), he collapsed on set and was hospitalized as his temperature rose to 104 degrees. He died at 2am on [June 1]], a victim of meningitis. His memorial was held on June 11 at St. Paul's church, Grove Road, London (bordering Hounslow and Chiswick). He was cremated that day.
- Empire Building: The Remarkable Real Life Story of Star Wars
- Star Wars: The Complete Vader
- "The Art of War"—Star Wars Insider 160
- "Back on Set!"—Star Wars Insider 160
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Rinzler, J.W. The Making of the Empire Strikes Back. Aurum Press Ltd, London,2010,p.166-167.