His involvement in the sequel trilogy was first announced on April 29, 2014. He has also been involved in Star Wars: Forces of Destiny as well as several Star Wars video games; After making a Twitter post criticizing Star Wars Battlefront's lack of a story campaign, Boyega hosted a trailer for Star Wars Battlefront II.
In 2019, after moving apartments, Boyega accidentally left a script for Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker under his bed, which was found a few weeks later by a cleaner, who not realizing what they had, posted the script on eBay for $84. The script was purchased by a quick-thinking Disney staffer, preventing a massive leak, but Boyega nevertheless found the experience "scary."
Work in Star WarsEdit
- "Launch Pad"—Star Wars Insider 150
- "Launch Pad"—Star Wars Insider 154
- "Launch Pad"—Star Wars Insider 155
- "Bantha Tracks"—Star Wars Insider 160
- "John Boyega Is Finn"—Star Wars Insider 162
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 2.0 2.1
- ↑ Tassi, Paul (March 4, 2016). John Boyega Asks EA For A 'Star Wars: Battlefront' Story Campaign. Forbes. forbes.com. Archived from the original on June 18, 2016. Retrieved on September 26, 2017.
- ↑ Steinbuch, Yaron (November 27, 2019). 'Star Wars' actor John Boyega admits script that landed on eBay was his. New York Post. Archived from the original on March 16, 2020. Retrieved on November 27, 2019.
- ↑ Reilly, Dan (January 21, 2016). Star Wars and Saturday Night Live's Long History in 16 Sketches. vulture.com. Archived from the original on October 11, 2018.
- John Boyega on Wikipedia