Jora Malli was a Togruta female who served as a Jedi Master of the Jedi Order during the High Republic Era. During this time, Malli was a member of the Jedi High Council, and was the master of Padawan Reath Silas. Before Silas, Malli had trained Jedi Knight Dez Rydan. She was placed in command of the Jedi quarter of the space station Starlight Beacon after its completion, with the Trandoshan Master Sskeer as her second-in-command. Avar Kriss sensed their approach responding to the call to save the Hetzal system from the Great Disaster in the Force. Malli was later killed, something which Estala Maru speculated that Sskeer blamed himself for after Maru was unable to locate the Trandoshan before Starlight Beacon's dedication ceremony.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The High Republic: Into the Dark
- The High Republic: Light of the Jedi (First appearance)
- The High Republic 1 (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (First mentioned)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- The Star Wars Book dates the launch of the Starlight Beacon to 232 years before the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which corresponds to 232 BBY in the calendar system used by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. As The High Republic: Light of the Jedi depicts the Beacon's launch, the novel's events, which includes Jora Malli's death in the Kur Nebula, must take place around that year.
- The High Republic: Light of the Jedi
- The High Republic Free Digital Sampler
- The High Republic 1