- "The latest Journal of Xenomedicine reports that Wookiees live for centuries—and mate for life! How can they do that? It's unnatural."
The Journal of Xenomedicine was a medical journal that was regularly released during the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the reconstituted Sith Empire. Specializing in reporting on major achievements and influential figures in the field of xenomedicine, the study of alien medicine and biology, the Journal once released a report on the lengthy lifespans and mating habits of the Wookiee species. The xenopathologist and combat medic Archiban Kimble, better known as Doc, contacted the Journal after he successfully cured the Hutt Suudaa Nem'ro of a unique disease, but the Journal was unable to examine the Hutt before the Houk bounty hunter Skadge killed Nem'ro.
Behind the scenes
The Journal of Xenomedicine is mentioned frequently throughout the series of conversation with Doc, a companion character for the Jedi Knight class in the 2011 BioWare video game Star Wars: The Old Republic. The culmination of the conversations about Nem'ro is a tie-in with the Bounty Hunter class, as that class' companion Skadge leaves the player to hunt down the Hutt who betrayed him in the conversation "Slugfest."
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with Doc: "Opportunity Knocks"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with Doc: "Healing a Hutt"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with Doc: "Wookiees Mate for Life"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with Doc: "So Near, Yet So Far"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with Skadge: "Slugfest"