The Judicator was an Imperial I-class Star Destroyer, commanded by Captain Brandei, that joined Grand Admiral Thrawn in his campaign against the New Republic some five years after the Battle of Endor.
The Judicator was an Imperial I-class Star Destroyer. It was a 1,600 meters long warship armed with turbolasers, ion cannons and tractor beam projectors. The ship also carried a complement of TIE starfighters, terrestrial troops and various ground vehicles.
In 4 ABY, the ship incorporated the latest design modification from Kuat Drive Yards: targeting computers outfitted with antenna locking, in-line calibration and helical-motion extrapolators. Due to the limitations placed upon the Empire after the Battle of Endor, the TIE complement had been reduced from six to three squadrons by 9 ABY.
- Alex Winger: "Civilized? You call what the Judicator did on Janara III civilized?"
- Brandei: "The High Inquisitor's orders came from the Emperor himself. The Rebel stronghold there..."
- Alex Winger: "There was no Rebel stronghold there, and you know that! You saw the destruction yourself. Innocent children and their families were murdered by your weapons!"
- ―Alexandra Winger and Captain Brandei[src]
In 6 BBY, the Judicator was involved in a raid commanded by High Inquisitor Adalric Cessius Brandl that devasted the city of Sreina, on Janara III. The ship later traveled to Garos IV in order to assist the deployment of Imperial forces on this planet.
In the later years, the Rebellion, now known as the New Republic, had become the legitimate galactic government. In 9 ABY, the Inexorable served in Grand Admiral Thrawn's campaign against the New Republic after his return to the known galaxy. The Inexorable was part of the task force of five Star Destroyers led by the Grand Admiral himself and coordinated by the Dark Jedi Joruus C'baoth.
During the Thrawn campaign, it would be sent on an assault of the Bpfassh system as part of Thrawn's "hit-and-fade" assaults. After this operation, it would be tasked with traveling to Nkllon, in the Athega system, to capture mole miners from Lando Calrissian's Nomad City that would later be used at the Battle of Sluis Van. This operation, though successful, caused extensive damage to the Judicator's hull and put it out of action for a period of time. The ship was eventually repaired and fought at Sluis Van.
The Star Destroyer would later be present alongside the Peremptory at the New Republic's discovery of the Katana fleet, where it had been sent to stop the capture of the fleet's Dreadnaught-class heavy cruisers. After the Peremptory was lost, though, the Judicator was forced to retreat. The Judicator was the flagship during the diversionary assault on the Dulfilvian system during Thrawn's attempt to capture the Ukio system.
Following the fragmentation of the Empire that resulted from the final death of Palpatine, Captain Brandei settled his forces on Janara III and the Judicator patroled the sector. In 12 ABY, the Star Destroyer intercepted Blue Squadron's X-wing starfighters during a routine mission. Lieutenant Alexandra Winger was captured during the skirmish and conduced to Janara III. The New Republic eventually sent forces to rescue her, forcing Brandei to abandon this planet.
Behind the scenesEdit
In the latter portion of the Dark Force Rising audiobook, namely during the narration of the Battle for the Katana fleet, Judicator is erroneously called "Adjudicator". It should not be confused with a Star Destroyer truly named Adjudicator.
- "Turning Point"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 5 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Star Wars: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter
- Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance
- Star Wars: Rebellion
- "A Glimmer of Hope"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 1 (Mentioned only)
- (Mentioned only) (Reprint)
- Tatooine Ghost
- "Mission to Zila"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 3 (Mentioned only)
- "Shadows of Darkness"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 4 (Mentioned only)
- Heir to the Empire (First appearance)
- Dark Force Rising
- The Last Command
- Heir to the Empire Sourcebook
- Dark Force Rising Sourcebook
- The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Death Star II Limited (Card: Judicator)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Dagobah Limited (Card: Commander Brandei)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Imperial Sourcebook
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Heir to the Empire Sourcebook
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 Heir to the Empire
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 "Turning Point"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 5
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Death Star II Limited (Card: Judicator)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Dark Force Rising
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 The Last Command
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2