A Judicial was a member of the Judicial Department. They served as the primary non-Jedi peace officers in the Galactic Republic. Most Judicials attended the Judicial Academy before being assigned to the Judicial Forces. With the start of the Clone Wars, the Republic formed the Grand Army of the Republic and the Republic Navy which took over the military functions performed by the Judicial Department. Many admirals, generals, and other commanders were drawn from the ranks of the Judicials.
However, despite most transferring to the Republic Military, not all Judicials made the transition. Even at the peak of the Clone Wars, peace officers were still in need to establish law and order on loyal Republic worlds. They enforced Republic laws on members worlds and hyperlanes, and owing to their training, were more than capable of taking care of themselves if a suspect became violent.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Jedi Fallen Order - Dark Temple 5
- Obi-Wan and Anakin 5
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel audiobook
- Tarkin (Mentioned only) (First identified as Judicial)
- Tarkin audiobook (Mentioned only)