- "The Judicials are at the end of their tenure, in any case, as the Jedi seem to have become the Senate’s arbiters of choice."
- ―Sheev Palpatine, to Wilhuff Tarkin
The Judicial Forces were the military-trained peacekeeping forces of the Galactic Republic in the years before its fall. They were a part of the Judicial Department, and its members, called Judicials, were trained at the Judicial Academy on the Republic capital planet Coruscant.
History[edit | edit source]
Several years before the Clone Wars, the Galactic Republic began to rely more on the Jedi Order for peacekeeping issues, diminishing the necessity of the Judicial Forces. In 29 BBY, Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi were supposed to meet with the Judicial's Republic Diplomatic Fleet, however their T-6 shuttle crashed on the planet Carnelion IV. While on the world, the young Padawan asked his Master what they would do as the fleet did not have the world's coordinates. After Kenobi claimed that Carnelion IV had high concentrations of tibanna gas in its atmosphere, the Judicial Forces and the Jedi intervened on the planet, forcing an end to the Open-Closed War. While the Jedi tended to the wounded belligerents, the Judicial Forces' Consular-class cruisers then conducted a tibanna gas exploration survey.
Just before the First Battle of Geonosis, the Republic ultimately adopted a full Grand Army of the Republic. By the time of the war between the First Order and the Resistance, every after-action report ever written by the Judicial Forces was in the hands of the First Order, along with those of the Galactic Empire and the Planetary Security Forces.
Functions and organization[edit | edit source]
The Judicial Forces maintained a fleet of crimson-hulled Consular-class cruisers, which were deployed for both diplomatic and peacekeeping missions. Their responsibilities also included conducted tibanna gas exploration.
Uniform[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Jedi Fallen Order - Dark Temple 5
- Darth Maul 1 (Indirect mention only)
- Darth Maul 2 (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Obi-Wan and Anakin 1 (Mentioned only) (First identified as Republic Diplomatic Fleet)
- Obi-Wan and Anakin 5
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
- Tarkin (Mentioned only) (First identified as Judicial Forces)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 13 (Helmets: Naboo Pilot)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 29 (Databank A-Z: Jelucan–Lord Junn)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 30 (Helmets: Senate Guard)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles (Picture only)
- Rise of the Separatists