- "Flash! There are reports of Mandalorians in the building! Middle floors, roof. We're sealing the door, will try to hold out!"
- ―A Taris Holofeed reporter holed up in the Junavex Hotel, during the Mandalorian invasion of Taris
The Junavex Hotel was a hotel in the Middle City of Taris that had opened by the time of the Great Sith War. In 3963 BBY, the Junavex Hotel became a point of action in the Mandalorian invasion of Taris as a Taris Holofeed reporter and his staff holed up in the hotel's Senatorial Suite and provided a live report on the events of the siege. Eventually, Mandalorians breached the Junavex Hotel, breaking into the room and disrupting the transmission.
- "The choice wasn't made from avarice—it provides a good view of the city and its construction is sound—though your correspondent will admit to some intentional irony."
- ―A Taris Holofeed reporter, on the Junavex Hotel's Senatorial Suite
The Junavex Hotel was a hotel in the Middle City of the Outer Rim planet Taris. Soundly constructed, the Junavex Hotel possessed a room called the Senatorial Suite, which provided a good view of the planet's cityscape. The Senatorial Suite was normally off-limits to common Tarisians, reserved instead for Taris's senator, who by 3963 BBY was Haydel Goravvus.
- "The Mandalorians have just landed at Highpoint, and the offices which source this Holofeed there were struck two days ago by some kind of explosive. Since that time—not counting a nervous night hiding in the back of Kebla Yurt's Equipment Emporium—this reporter and staff have been stationed at the Senatorial Suite of the Junavex Hotel."
- ―A Taris Holofeed reporter
The Junavex Hotel had become active by the time of the Great Sith War and remained open through the era of the Mandalorian Wars. In 3964 BBY, a "family friend" of a Snivvian self-proclaimed industrialist going by the name Baron Hieromarn, who was soliciting investors for a fleek eel-related business venture at the Upper City Market Street Outdoor Exchange, worked as the night desk clerk at the Junavex Hotel. In an edition of the Taris Holofeed, it was stated that one could contact Hieromarn through this Junavex Hotel desk clerk.
The next year, as the Mandalorian Wars continued to heat up between the Galactic Republic and the Mandalorian warrior clans, the Mandalorians invaded Taris. As the Mandalorians besieged and ransacked the planet, one Taris Holofeed reporter and his staff were stationed in the Junavex Hotel's Senatorial Suite—which now lay abandoned, as Senator Goravvus had gone missing—as they observed and reported on the events of the battle. The reporter provided live reports during the Mandalorian siege until the invaders finally moved into the hotel, breaking into the Senatorial Suite and disrupting his transmission.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Junavex Hotel was first mentioned in The Taris Holofeed: Prime Edition, an in-universe news report appearing on the last page of the comic Knights of the Old Republic 0: Crossroads. The hotel was also mentioned in The Taris Holofeed: Invasion Edition, a similar feature appearing in Knights of the Old Republic 18: Nights of Anger, Part 3. In 2008, the Junavex Hotel received an entry in The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia.
- The Taris Holofeed: Prime Edition (First mentioned)
- The Taris Holofeed: Invasion Edition (Mentioned only)