- "The Jundland Wastes are not to be traveled lightly."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi
The Jundland Wastes, also simply known as the Jundland, were a dry, hot, and rocky region that was located on the desert world of Tatooine, between the Northern Dune Sea and the Western Dune Sea. In the native parlance, "Jundland" meant "No Man's Land."
This remote area primarily consisted of a number of canyons that wound their way around a number of large mesas and was situated near the Dune Sea. The nomadic Tusken Raiders and the Jundland Waste womp rat inhabited the area. Several layers of rocks within the Wastes were tilted, indicating graben formations. They also contained magnetic deposits which obscured sensors.
During the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire, the Jundland Wastes were effectively split into two different territories. The region to the north of the canyon known as The Wound, including Dreviad Outpost, Outpost Salara, Outpost Largona, and Espelar, was allied with the Republic, while the southern region, including Mos Anek, Outpost Rennar, and Outpost Varath, was under Imperial occupation.
Two decades later, Luke Skywalker met Obi-Wan Kenobi here in 0 BBY after being attacked by Tusken Raiders. After the fight, Tusken Raiders remained terrified by Obi-Wan Kenobi's apparition and were convinced that the the spirit of a great and ancient krayt dragon was haunting the area.
Behind the scenesEdit
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- Choose Your Own Star Wars Adventure: A New Hope
- "Skreej"—Star Wars Tales 10
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 Star Wars: The Old Republic
- ↑ Kenobi
- ↑ Star Wars 9: Outlander, Part 3
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Legacy Quest: "Shock Rods" on Tatooine