- "That guy on Junkfort bragging he did [the Kessel Run] in under eleven? Next time I'm out that way I'm gonna tell him to scratch gravel."
- ―Han Solo, Smuggler's Guide
Junkfort Station was an Outer Rim Territories astronomical object. At some point, the smuggler Platt Okeefe mentioned Junkfort Station in an entry she made in the book known as the Smuggler's Guide, and an individual on the celestial body at one point claimed to have completed the Kessel Run smuggling route by traveling less than eleven parsecs.
Junkfort Station was an astronomical object located in the regions known as the Outer Rim Territories and the Slice. Situated in grid square T-8 of the Standard Galactic Grid, Junkfort Station was connected by hyperspace routes to the celestial bodies Boonta, Delacrix, Dennogra, Kubindi, and Oseon.
- "Maz's list is a good start. I'd add:
Junkfort Station […]"
- ―Platt Okeefe, Smuggler's Guide
At some point by 10 BBY, the smuggler Platt Okeefe made a record in the logbook known as the Smuggler's Guide. In her entry, Okeefe included Junkfort Station in a list of various shadowports and boltholes that she thought made a good addition to that noted in the book by its original author, the pirate queen Maz Kanata.
At some point following the smuggler Han Solo's completion of the smuggling route known as the Kessel Run in 10 BBY, an individual on Junkfort Station boasted that they had made the run by traveling a distance of less than eleven parsecs. The claims angered Solo, whose own record-setting Kessel Run had been made in approximately twelve parsecs, and in an entry he made in the Smuggler's Guide, the smuggler vowed to attempt to pick a fight with the individual the next time he traveled to Junkfort Station's vicinity.
Behind the scenes
Junkfort Station was introduced to the new Star Wars canon in Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game, a 2016 Fantasy Flight Games' Star Wars Roleplaying boxed set. In the Star Wars Legends continuity, Junkfort Station was a space station that first appeared in "The Power Gem," a comic story written by Archie Goodwin, penciled by Al Williamson, and published between July 26 and October 3, 1982 as part of the daily Star Wars comic strip distributed by the Los Angeles Times Syndicate to major American and Canadian newspapers from 1979 to 1984.
- The High Republic Adventures 1 (Picture only) (Based on correspondence between galactic map and maps in other sources)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide
- The High Republic Free Digital Sampler (Picture only) (Based on correspondence between galactic map and maps in other sources)
- "The First Order" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "Scarif and Other Outer Rim Planets" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game places Junkfort Station in the area of space Star Wars: The Galactic Explorer's Guide identifies as the Slice.
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide
- According to Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide, Platt Okeefe must have recorded her entry in the Smuggler's Guide at some point before Lando Calrissian lost ownership of the Millennium Falcon, an event that is depicted in Solo: A Star Wars Story. Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide establishes that the corresponding events of the film, which also include Han Solo making the Kessel Run, begin nine years after the formation of the Galactic Empire. Since Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Empire's foundation to 19 BBY, the events of Solo featuring both Solo's Kessel Run and the ownership change of the Millennium Falcon can be placed in 10 BBY.
- "The Power Gem"
- Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: The Newspaper Strips Vol. 2
- "The Empire Strips Back" – Star Wars Insider Special Edition 2012