- "Lord Vader, this is Captain Junus, commander of the castle's garrison. I apologize for disturbing you, but…we may need to evacuate. They're…all around us."
"More fleas? Deal with them, Captain. I am occupied."
"My Lord, I believe we're facing a serious threat. Perhaps you should come see for yourself."
- ―Junus and Darth Vader
Junus was a captain of the Galactic Empire who commanded the garrison assigned to Fortress Vader, the personal residence of the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Vader, on the volcanic planet Mustafar. Shortly after the fortress was constructed in 12 BBY, the Southern Mustafarian Father Kkkt led an army of Mustafarians riding lava fleas to destroy the fortress. In response, Junus contacted Vader nearby and suggested that they evacuate their forces, as the Mustafarians had surrounded the fortress.
Vader assumed it was another lava flea attack, which had been a common occurrence since the beginning of Fortress Vader's construction, and ordered Junus to deal with the problem independently. However, Junus insisted that the assault was a serious threat, suggesting that Vader verify it for himself. Vader thus left the cave to inspect the threat and was forced to fight the invading Mustafarian army, which nonetheless proceeded to wipe out the Imperial garrison. Junus spoke Galactic Basic.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Junus appeared through voice in the comic Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 23, written by Charles Soule, illustrated by Giuseppe Camuncoli, and published by Marvel Comics on November 14, 2018.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 23 (First appearance) (Voice only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 23
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary states that Fortress Vader was built forty-six years before the Starkiller Incident, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY, thereby placing the construction in 12 BBY.
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 24