Jurio was a planet in the Jurio system, a part of the Corva sector in the New Territories portion of the Outer Rim Territories. It was home to the winged creature known as the Juriod fang-flier.
Sometime between 3681 BBY and 3669 BBY, Jurio was conquered by the reconstituted Sith Empire in the early years of their invasion of the Galactic Republic. Jurio was granted Imperial governance, a fact which allowed Captain Adronik Hyllus of the Imperial Military to marry a Human woman native to Jurio, and the two had a son that they named Vector on Jurio in 3669 BBY.
The planet remained under Imperial control for many years afterward, and during his career, the intelligence operative Rane Kovach carried out an assignment on Jurio at the request of Theron Shan of the Republic Strategic Information Service; Kovach was tasked with infiltrating dissident groups and fomenting revolution against the Sith Empire while minimizing casualties.
Behind the scenes
Jurio was first mentioned in the Codex entry for Vector Hyllus in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a video game released by BioWare in 2011. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the Jurio star system, and therefore the planet itself, in grid square P-4.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First mentioned) (Codex entry)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Starfighter (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan (Mentioned only) (Codex entry)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Jurio system — Based on corresponding data for the
- Jurio system, and therefore Jurio itself, in the Corva sector, which in turn places in the region The Essential Atlas designates as the New Territories. places the
- The Essential Atlas — Based on corresponding data for the Jurio system
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex: "Intelligence Profile: Vector Hyllus"
- Platt's Smugglers Guide
- Jason Fry, co-author of The Essential Atlas, stated his intention to create homeworlds for numerous species based on context implied from their names. This article treats Jurio as one such homeworld with regard to the Juriod fang-flier species.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- Act I of Star Wars: The Old Republic takes place in 3643 BBY per the reasoning here. The Old Republic's Codex entry "Intelligence Profile: Vector Hyllus" establishes Vector Hyllus to be 26 years of age, and the Codex entry is acquired during Act I, which means Hyllus was born in 3669 BBY.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan—Codex: "SIS Asset Brief: Agent Rane Kovach"