- "Learned that little move from a k'Jtari pirate."
- ―Sana Starros, after detaining Chelli Lona Aphra
The k'Jtari were a group that inhabited the galaxy. A k'Jtari pirate once taught a hand-to-hand combat technique to Sana Starros, a human smuggler. In the months after the attack on Cymoon 1 in 0 ABY, while en route to Sunspot Prison, Starros used her k'Jtari training to immobilize Doctor Chelli Lona Aphra, a Rebel Alliance prisoner who was attempting to escape custody.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
In the new Star Wars canon, the k'Jtari were first mentioned in Star Wars 16, a comic book written by Jason Aaron and published in 2016. In the Star Wars Legends continuity, the k'Jtari were a species created by Paul Danner for Wretched Hives of Scum & Villainy, a 1997 expansion of Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Doctor Aphra: An Audiobook Original (Mentioned only)
- Doctor Aphra (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 16 (First mentioned)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Doctor Aphra
- The attack on Cymoon 1 occurred after the Battle of Yavin and immediately before the events in Darth Vader 1. Darth Vader 1 is set before Darth Vader 4, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 0 ABY, so it can be deduced that Darth Vader 1 and the attack on Cymoon 1 also occurred in 0 ABY. Furthermore, Darth Vader 25 dates itself to months after Darth Vader 1, and Star Wars 16 is set between Darth Vader 1 and Darth Vader 25. Therefore, it can be concluded that the events in Star Wars 16 take place in the months after the attack on Cymoon 1.
- Star Wars 16
- Wretched Hives of Scum & Villainy