- "Learned that little move from a k'Jtari pirate."
- ―Sana Starros, after detaining Chelli Lona Aphra
The k'Jtari were a group that inhabited the galaxy. A k'Jtari pirate once taught a hand-to-hand combat technique to Sana Starros, a human smuggler. In the months after the attack on Cymoon 1 in 0 ABY, while en route to Sunspot Prison, Starros used her k'Jtari training to immobilize Doctor Chelli Lona Aphra, a Rebel Alliance prisoner who was attempting to escape custody.
Behind the scenesEdit
In the new Star Wars canon, the k'Jtari were first mentioned in Star Wars 16, a comic book written by Jason Aaron and published in 2016. In the Star Wars Legends continuity, the k'Jtari were a species created by Paul Danner for Wretched Hives of Scum & Villainy, a 1997 expansion of Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game.
Since the text in Star Wars 16 uses block capitals, the canonical capitalization of "k'Jtari" has yet to be determined. This article assumes the capitalization used in Wretched Hives of Scum & Villainy.
- Star Wars 16 (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars 16
- ↑ The attack on Cymoon 1 occurred after the Battle of Yavin and immediately before the events in Darth Vader 1. Darth Vader 1 is set before Darth Vader 4, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 0 ABY, so it can be deduced that Darth Vader 1 and the attack on Cymoon 1 also occurred in 0 ABY. Furthermore, Darth Vader 25 dates itself to months after Darth Vader 1, and Star Wars 16 is set between Darth Vader 1 and Darth Vader 25. Therefore, it can be concluded that the events in Star Wars 16 take place in the months after the attack on Cymoon 1.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Wretched Hives of Scum & Villainy