The K-16 Bryar Pistol was a model of blaster pistol used by the soldiers of the Rebel Alliance during the Galactic Civil War against the Galactic Empire. Deceptive by design, the K-16 appeared to be a regular pistol; however, it featured a modified power unit capable of releasing its entire heat source in one powerful blast as secondary fire.
The K-16 Bryar Pistol was a model of blaster pistol that was capable of firing red-colored blaster bolts, though it was not as powerful as other blaster pistols. While it appeared to be a fairly ordinary pistol, the black-colored K-16 actually possessed a modified power unit, which enabled the weapon to discharge its entire heat source in one lethal power blast as secondary fire.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "In contrast to the [TL-50] Heavy Repeater, the Bryar Pistol represents the Rebellion and the clever surprises they use to take on the Empire. Digging into Star Wars gaming history for inspiration, the obvious choice was to pay homage to the Star Wars Legends fan-favorite, Kyle Katarn through his signature Bryar Pistol. While it's not as powerful as other blaster pistols, its' [sic] Secondary Fire mode charges up and delivers a Power Blast capable of taking out soldiers in one shot."
- ―Official Electronic Arts website
The K-16 Bryar Pistol first appeared in the Death Star expansion pack for the video game Star Wars Battlefront, released in 2016. The pistol is unlockable via an in-game challenge called "Dark Enforcer." Although the K-16 can be wielded by troopers from all factions—including the Galactic Empire, the Rebel Alliance, and the New Republic—like all other blasters in the game, the weapon's description on the official Electronic Arts website suggests that it is a Rebel Alliance weapon.
The K-16 was designed by 3D artist Erik Rading based on the Bryar pistol, which figured prominently in the Star Wars: Jedi Knight video-game series from Star Wars Legends. The Bryar pistol was first introduced in the 1995 game Star Wars: Dark Forces as the signature sidearm of Kyle Katarn, the series' protagonist.
- Star Wars Battlefront (DLC) (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Star Wars Battlefront
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Death Star New Weapons + Star Cards. Star Wars™ Battlefront - Star Wars - Official EA Site. Electronic Arts (2016-09-21). Archived from the original on October 3, 2018. Retrieved on October 15, 2018.
- ↑ Rading, Erik (2016). Star Wars Battlefront - Bryar Pistol. Erik Rading. Ballistiq Digital Inc. Archived from the original on October 13, 2018. Retrieved on November 12, 2018. "One of the weapons I made while I was an intern at DICE. I was also responsible for the concept and marketing renders."
- ↑ Star Wars: Dark Forces