- "Director Krennic sends his regards. He has commanded me personally to oversee transportation of the first shipment of quadanium back to Sentinel Base."
- ―K-4D8, to Governor Wilhuff Tarkin
K-4D8 was an enhanced, masculine KX-series security droid who served Director Orson Callan Krennic of the Galactic Empire. Around 18 BBY, K-4D8 was dispatched to the planet Agaris to serve Imperial Governor Wilhuff Tarkin and oversee a transportation of quadanium steel to Sentinel Base.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Rescue (First appearance)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Rescue
- In Adventures in Wild Space: The Steal, Ezra Bridger is an infant. Since Ezra was born on the first Empire Day (which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas cites as 19 BBY), the Star Wars: Adventures in Wild Space series (the books of which take place in close proximity to each other) must be set shortly thereafter.Tarkin states that "Five standard years have passed since Darth Sidious proclaimed himself galactic Emperor," an event shown in Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. Since Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Revenge of the Sith to 19 BBY, it can be deduced that the events of Tarkin occur in 14 BBY. Tarkin further says that Tarkin served at Sentinel Base for three years, starting his tenure in 17 BBY. For Tarkin to be serving at Sentinel, as referenced in The Rescue, and for Ezra Bridger to be an infant, as seen in The Steal, the events of The Rescue, in which K-4D8 is destroyed, must take place around 17 BBY.
- Star Wars: Commander
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide