K-7R1 was a KX-series security droid manufactured by Arakyd Industries. Standing 2.16 meters tall, it had white sensors and black plating marked with white patterning. During the First Order's occupation of the planet Batuu in 34 ABY, the parts of K-7R1 were kept on display in the Droid Depot, a store located in Black Spire Outpost on Batuu.
The security droid's headless torso was kept in a cage next to the 2-1B-series medical droid 2P-1 near the depot's counter, while its head sat separately on the floor of the cage. The author Eloc Throno included an image of a complete K-7R1 in the Droid Buyer's Guide section of his book, Traveler's Guide to Batuu.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide states that all KX-series security droid are manufactured by Arakyd Industries and stand 2.16 meters tall. As Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge depicts K-7R1 as a KX-series security droid these characteristics must also apply to it.
- Star Wars Galaxy's Edge: Traveler's Guide to Batuu
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia states that all security droids are first class droids. As K-7R1 is depicted as a security droid in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, it must also be a fourth class droid.
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Droid Depot
- Droid Depot has official backstory elements that, while not directly published for the public, are officially canon details that can be obtained verbally from cast members working in the store.
- The Star Wars Book dates the Battle of Batuu, which is depicted in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge via the attraction Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, to 34 years after Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of A New Hope to 0 BBY, therefore the events of Galaxy's Edge, including K-R71's appearance, must take place in 34 ABY.