- "Do you know what's going on?"
"Maybe it's another drill."
- ―KE-829 and his partner
KE-829 was the designation of a clone stormtrooper in service to the Galactic Empire during the Galactic Civil War. The trooper served on board the first Death Star in the days leading up to the Battle of Yavin where the battlestation was ultimately destroyed by the Alliance to Restore the Republic.
Biography[edit | edit source]
During the Galactic Civil War between the Galactic Empire and the Alliance to Restore the Republic, a Human clone served in the Imperial Military as a stormtrooper and was designated "KE-829." He was one of the soldiers stationed on board the first Death Star in the days prior to its destruction at the Battle of Yavin, and was on guard duty near Tractor Beam 12 by the time the Millennium Falcon arrived on the battlestation.
When the Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi deactivated the tractor beam to allow the Millennium Falcon to leave Docking Bay 327, he overheard KE-829 and another trooper conversing about the BT-16 perimeter droid. After accomplishing his objective, Kenobi used the Force to confuse the troopers and escape the area. Specifically, Kenobi tricked KE-829 into thinking there was something behind them, eventually attributing it to nothing more than outgassing.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope junior novel
- Tag & Bink Are Dead 1 (Non-canonical appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Limited (Card: Affect Mind) (Picture only)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 52 (LEI10, The Rescue of Princess Leia) (Picture only)
- Star Wars Trading Card Game – Battle of Yavin (TCG) (Card: ) (First identified as KE-829)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia