- "A hearty hello to Clegg Holdfast, and his Voltec KT9 Wasp."
Produced by the typically unimaginative engineers at Keizar-Volvec, the 9T9-B did not defy expectations in its blandness. The first Podracer produced by the company, the Wasp was competent and well-designed, if not aggressively average. Using a pair of KVT Series 400 fanjets, the control system for the pod was sophisticated and durable. Despite its staidness, the 9T9-B was highly reliable, a rare quality in a Podracer. Easily maintained and modified, its hull was modular in design which made it a prime candidate for racers who enjoyed tinkering with the design.
A 9T9-B was piloted by Clegg Holdfast during the Boonta Eve Classic of 32 BBY. The Wasp showed great acceleration and exceptional speed. Holdfast started the Boonta Eve Classic from the second row of the grid. He fell back almost immediately, though in the second lap, he made a surprising comeback and raced to second place. In a daring attempt at first, he tried to get past Sebulba, but the Dug torched Holdfast's engines with a hidden and highly-illegal flamethrower. Holdfast's flaming racer crashed into a rocky wall, though he survived. Fragments of Clegg's racer were later salvaged by scavenger droids.
- Star Wars: Episode I Racer
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Racer Revenge
- Rebel Force: Target
- Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Endless Vigil